- Do you use prime factorisation for any of these topics? If not, is this a result of sequencing of topics? Would you consider teaching prime factorisation earlier?
- Are there any other applications of prime factorisation? (excluding the obvious HCF and LCM)
- How do you initially teach prime factorization? Factor trees?
- An interesting avenue for prime factorization: https://www.mathspad.co.uk/interactives/primeDecomposition/primeDecompositionTool.php
5. When is multiplication of numbers easier using prime factorization? When isn’t it?
6. In cell 3, why does this algorithm work for finding how many factors a number has?